Question

Doug Paquette dcpaq2 at sbcglobal.net
Sat May 1 16:48:08 PDT 2004

To whom it may concern at Free BSD....

I have a Compaq Proliant 8000 that I have tried numerous time to install Free BSD version 4.9 into and for some reason Free BSD will not detect the hard drives or controller device, I was wondering if you have a version that will work with my server or if theres more this this then I think?

I choose to go with Free BSD 4.9 because the control panel called H-Sphere is suppose to be conpatable with versions 4.8 and 4.9.

http://www.psoft.net/

http://www.psoft.net/h_sphere2_info.html

Here is a link to information on my Proliant 8000 server just incase you are not familiar with this model.

http://h18000.www1.hp.com/products/servers/proliant8000/

It would be greatly appreciated if someone could help with this and either show me how to properly install Free BSD or point me in the right direction as to what i am doing wrong.

I can be contacted at either of the following.

dcpaq2 at sbcglobal.net

708-334-5845

Thanks for your time.

Sincerely,