some anomalies in my system?

Kris Kennaway kris at obsecurity.org
Wed Mar 31 19:58:08 PST 2004

On Wed, Mar 31, 2004 at 07:33:06PM -0800, paul beard wrote:
> Working through this issue with expat not building shared libs, the
> maintainer noticed this:
>
> creating libtool
> checking host system type... i386-unknown-kfreebsd4.9-gnu
>
> checking whether to build shared libraries... no
> checking whether to build static libraries... yes
>
> what isn't letting us build shared libs and what's that funky system
> type?

That's what we've been discussing, and the answer is unclear.  There
must be something different about your system.  Did you install any
non-ports software onto it?  It still looks like you have a bogus
non-ports version of libtool installed that is providing the wrong
information to the configure script.

Kris