port questions (why do I find myself fudging symlinks to make stuff work?)

paul beard paulbeard at mac.com
Wed Mar 31 18:37:45 PST 2004

On Mar 31, 2004, at 5:38 PM, Kris Kennaway wrote:

> Well, then you can't use it :) There are certainly up-to-date packages
> for the basic ports like expat that you're having problems with.

So here's my problem. I install expat and gettext from packages. Then I
install *anything* that depends on those, and they need to be rebuilt.
The expat build fails. The gettext fail as a result, and then all the
rest do as well. I'm not sure how up to date they are if the ports that
depend on them want to rebuild them.

Information for expat-1.95.6_1.tgz:

Files:
/usr/local/man/man1/xmlwf.1.gz
/usr/local/bin/xmlwf
/usr/local/include/expat.h
/usr/local/lib/libexpat.a
/usr/local/lib/libexpat.so
/usr/local/lib/libexpat.so.4

gettext 0.13.x wants expat.5, so that's not as up to date as it might
be.

I've dropped a note to the maintainer: perhaps there's something he can
point out.
--
Paul Beard
<www.paulbeard.org/>