5.2.1-R sysinstall NFS install failure

Don don at calis.blacksun.org
Wed Mar 31 08:51:25 PST 2004

> "Error mounting 10.3.1.20:/usr/FreeBSD/5.2.1-RELEASE on /dist: No such
> file or directory"
>
> I can mount 10.3.1.20:/usr/FreeBSD/5.2.1-RELEASE on other systems within
> the network. The pxeboot loader is also pulling /kernel from an NFS mount
> on this server.
As usual this was my own stupidity. NFS is a kernel module on the boot
floppies and the module is on the drivers floppy and not the mfsroot
floppy. rsync'd the NFS modules over and the NFS install worked
flawlessly.

I think the above error is just _slightly_ misleading for a missing kernel
module but perhaps that is just me :)

-Don