((need help on the server))))

stan ask linux_guy_29 at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 29 13:30:14 PST 2004

I am having problems using Apache web server. I installed from the port and it wants to start at bootup. I go to Root and type in my IP address.....NOTHING HAPPENS !!!
Unfortunately I am using Abyss web server on Port 80 in Root. I tried to edit the Apache Httpd-config file putting my IP address in. I tried to rerun it and got into the terminal..

The terminal stated this message :
[alert] httpd: could not determine the server's fully quailified domain name, using 127.0.0.1 for the serverName

Also, How can I serve on Port 80 when using user account ?

I look forward to hearing from you soon. This is driving me crazy. Please take a look at my homepage.
http://stans.servequake.com

Also I have researched the internet and can't find a thing to help me.

PS- I have a router and I have also tried 4.9 and 5.21 on two separate PC's with the same problem coming up on both PC's