ahc reports lots of pci parity errors

Toomas Aas toomas.aas at raad.tartu.ee
Tue Mar 30 02:47:19 PST 2004

Hi!

> It starts going havoc if there are more than 4 PCI cards inserted. If
> the fifth card is a PCI card, I get lots of errors and even lockups
> really soon, if the fifth card is an ISA card, i get less errors and
> I've only encountered one lockup until now.

On lot of motherboards I've seen some PCI slots share a single
interrupt. I don't know if this is the case with your motherboard, but
if it is then I can certainly imagine it causing problems.
--
Toomas Aas | toomas.aas at raad.tartu.ee | http://www.raad.tartu.ee/~toomas/
* If they combined country with rap, would they call it crap?