High pitch/wrong frequency audio on disc via burncd

Peder Blom dion at bredband.net
Mon Mar 29 13:16:42 PST 2004

On Mon, 29 Mar 2004 13:51:01 -0500 (EST)
Ada Cheng <acheng at member.ams.org> wrote:

> Good afternoon,
> 	I have a series of wma files (speeches) which I convert to wav
> 	via
> mplayer.  The wav files played fine using both xmms and Noatun.
> However when I burn them onto a cd via burncd:
> burncd -f /dev/acd0c audio *.wav fixate
> the resulting audio on the disc gives me high pitch/wrong frequency
> audio.
>
> I never had problem with burncd before but this is the first time I
> burned wav files obtained via conversion from wma files.
>
> Any help is greatly appreciated.
>
> Many thanks in advance.
>
> Ada

It's likely a problem with the samplerate of your wav files. To burn an
audio cd your tracks should be in stereo with a samplerate of 44100 Hz.

Also, take a look at the FreeBSD Handbook sec 16.3.4 to see why you
should convert to raw pcm instead of wav when you use burncd.