DVD -> SVCD with FreeBSD?

Jim Hatfield subscriber at insignia.com
Mon Mar 29 08:26:27 PST 2004

On Mon, 29 Mar 2004 16:13:18 +0100, in local.freebsd.questions you
wrote:

>On Mon, 29 Mar 2004, Jim Hatfield wrote:
>
>> I tried mencoder. The ports version won't produce mpeg2 (at
>
>Here's what I do: I decode the MPEG to YUV using mplayer, then
>reencode back to MPEG using mjpegtools.

Interesting - I read the man pages for mjpegtools and thought "what's
all this yuv stuff?" thinking it was only of interest to someone using
a capture device. It never occurred to me to use it as an intermediate
file format. Thanks.

jim