dircmp?

Dan Nelson dnelson at allantgroup.com
Sun Mar 28 23:05:53 PST 2004

In the last episode (Mar 28), Kris Kennaway said:
> On Sun, Mar 28, 2004 at 08:28:31PM -0500, Shaun T. Erickson wrote:
> > Is there a dircmp command for 5.2.1-RELEASE-p3? I can't find one ...
>
> Not in the base system.  Maybe it's available in a port with a
> different name.  What does it do?

It compares two directory trees and tells you which files exist in one
or both, and tells you which files are the same in both.  SUSv2
deprecated it and recommended people use "diff -r" instead.  SUSv3
doesn't mention it at all.

Shaun: if you have access to a Tru64 or Solaris system, you can use
their dircmp commands, since they are shell scripts.

--
	Dan Nelson
	dnelson at allantgroup.com