Hi I have a suggestion! To Imporve the perfect Freebsd!

Kevin Kinsey kdk at daleco.biz
Sun Mar 28 19:55:19 PST 2004

On Sun, Mar 28, 2004 at 08:48:03PM -0500, Bart Silverstrim wrote:

> On Mar 28, 2004, at 2:09 PM, Joe Falcone wrote:
>
> >With your help your os will
> >become a alternetive to all operating systems on the
> >market.
>
> Correct me if I'm wrong, but...
> a) the goal of FreeBSD isn't to become a marketed product, per se... and
> b) FreeBSD already IS an alternative to marketed OS's.
>
> >If you will make WINE a hidden component in
> >the operating system and tell everyone about the new
> >compatability you will make a difference in operating
> >systems of future computing.
>
> Disturbing...
> a) why make Windows out of a system that isn't Windows?  If you need
> it...why not just run it?
> b) I don't WANT invisible compatibility.  I don't need the virus
> propagations and hacks for one OS showing up in another one.
>
> I *like* knowing that I can have a virus binary on my system sandboxed
> tightly in because it *can't* run on my platform.  I regularly test
> some of my mailscanners and AV implementations using files saved on my
> OS X system.
>
> >Make a difference and
> >change the way operating systems work by taking this
> >advice of mine and you will have a flawless operating
> >system of sorts.

Bart brings up some good points.  Maybe we don't
need the OS to change as much as we need users to
change, and, of course, a few noticeable deficiencies
in available apps corrected.

It's possible to see the O.P.'s argument as,
"since Windows rules the world, if you do
what they do you will rule instead...."

Reminds me of a story about a snake, a chick, and
an apple...IIRC, that didn't work out too well ;-)

Kevin Kinsey
DaleCo, S.P.