slightly OT; DNS and mail config...

Jay Moore jaymo at cromagnon.cullmail.com
Sun Mar 28 13:24:59 PST 2004

On Sunday 28 March 2004 02:29 pm, Gary Kline wrote:
> 	People,
>
> 	For the past N days, mail sent to private individuals
> 	seems to be bounced.  Mail fom this list, however,
> 	and spam (of course :-|) gets through.
>
> 	I just updated my registrar data and cut a secondary that
> 	may have been causing problems.  The only "hint" is from
> 	a networking student who said that typing "reply" got a
> 	bounce while sending mail to "kline at though.org" (note: no 't')
> 	worked.
>
> 	Any ideas on this?

Some more info: here's what I got from my earlier response to your posting:

Returned mail: see transcript for details  (Mail Delivery Subsystem,  Sun Mar
28 15:07:23 2004)

The original message was received at Sun, 28 Mar 2004 15:07:20 -0600 (CST)
from localhost.cullmail.com [127.0.0.1]

<kline at tao.thought.org>
    (reason: 550 5.7.1 <kline at tao.thought.org>... Relaying denied)

... while talking to ns1.thought.org.: