Hi I have a suggestion! To Imporve the perfect Freebsd!

Chuck McManis cmcmanis at mcmanis.com
Sun Mar 28 12:18:23 PST 2004

At 11:58 AM 3/28/2004, Jorn Argelo wrote:
>True. However, so far you've just mentioned the CAD programs. I don't think
>that that is a large group when you compare it with the Office users for
>instance.

Come on, lets be fair, if we wanted to limit the application to simply
"emacs" guess what? Freebsd is craploads better than Windows! Whippee!
We're #1!

>FreeBSD offers many options for almost every kind of computer user. I believe
>that that is important as well.

The above statement is not accurate, and believing it to be accurate will
limit where FreeBSD can go. FreeBSD offers an option to a small population
of users, those who use Windows to do "Office" tasks. Its also a great
environment for the nerdly types who endlessly reinvent computer languages
or window system widgets. Unfortunately those same windows users are the
most clueless of computer users and cannot appreciate what FreeBSD does
differently.

The technical community however, THEY can appreciate the difference and
they would be able to adopt FreeBSD if it had the tools they needed. These
are the folks that made Sun Microsystems what it is today. And if FreeBSD
wants a toe hold in the market that is where it will have to establish
itself first.

Just my 0.02,
--Chuck