.htaccess file disables virtual hosts :(

Bill Schoolcraft bill at wiliweld.com
Sun Mar 28 09:51:06 PST 2004

Hello Family,

I'm running Server version: Apache/1.3.23 (Unix) and things were
working fine with all my virtual servers till I added a
.htaccess file to one of my NON virtual host directories.

In order to get the challenge to work I had to edit the main
stanza to:

	AllowOverride All

When the challenge works, none of the virtual hosts work.  When
I change the following to:

	AllowOverride None

All the webpages and subdirectories work but the .htaccess
challenge does not work for the directory in my NON virtual
host.

I've tried setting the above to:

"Options", "FileInfo", "AuthConfig", and "Limit" and the virtual
hosts will not work.

Any help here is greatly appreciated, I've searched GOOGLE for
quite some time with different params and found nothing on this.

--
Bill Schoolcraft
PO Box 210076