Problems with applications menu fonts (XFree 4.3)

Paulo Fragoso paulo at nlink.com.br
Sat Mar 27 02:00:55 PST 2004

Hi,

We don't know the correct mailing list to post this problem, we are
sending now to this one.

We was using FreeBSD 4.9, XFree86-4.3.0, mozilla-gtk2-1.4 and others
packages installed from cd, all was working fine. We dicided to upgrade
our browser to mozilla 1.6, so we synchronized our ports by cvsup and we
have used portupgrade to do easy upgrade:

portupgrade -Rv mozilla-gtk2-1.4

Now we get big (ugly) menu fonts (see
http://www.nlink.com.br/~paulo/mozilla-menu.png).

What is this problem? After this upgrade all new apllications (like
OpenOffice) show ugly fonts in its menus.

Those packages below was modified after mozilla upgrade:

unix{paulo}:/var/db/pkg:27$ find . -name '*' -type d -newer
quanta-3.1.4,2/+CONTENTS
.
./expat-1.95.7
./png-1.2.5_3
./pkgconfig-0.15.0_1
./imake-4.3.0_2
./freetype2-2.1.7_2
./fontconfig-2.2.2,1
./XFree86-libraries-4.3.0_6
./XFree86-fontEncodings-4.3.0
./XFree86-fontScalable-4.3.0
./libXft-2.1.6
./jpeg-6b_2
./tiff-3.6.1_1
./libiconv-1.9.1_3
./atk-1.4.1_2
./libmng-1.0.6
./lcms-1.09_1,1
./gettext-0.13.1_1
./gtk-2.2.4_2
./nspr-4.4.1_1
./glib-2.2.3_1
./pango-1.2.5_2
./mozilla-1.6_3,2
./libIDL-0.8.3_1

Are there any problem with X related fonts in the ports?

Thanks,
Paulo.