SMP on FreeBSD 4.9

Jason Williams jwilliams at courtesymortgage.com
Fri Mar 26 12:03:06 PST 2004

>You could run top and watch the C column, which shows which particular CPU
>is being used by a process.

This is quite interesting. After rebuilding my kernel for SMP support, I
noticed the load average went up slightly.
Is that normal?

Right now, the system is being tested as a mail gateway server, running
sendmail, mailscanner, SpamAssassin and clamav.

Before I did the recompile, my load average was low, almost zero. It is
showing a load average of around 0.02 now...Not much, but interesting.

Any ideas?

Jason