IMAP-UW Question.

samy lancher washville2003 at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 26 09:36:28 PST 2004

Hello,

I have installed squirrelmail and i get "Unknown user or password incorrect "everytime at login page. I did "telnet localhost 143" and i got the following:

Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to localhost.
Escape character is '^]'.
* OK [CAPABILITY IMAP4REV1 LOGIN-REFERRALS STARTTLS LOGINDISABLED]
localhost IMAP4rev1 blah blah ...

I think IMAP_UW  rejects non-encrypted logins by default. So I guess LOGINDISABLED has got something to do with the default SSL support in IMAP-UW. Is there any way to disable default SSL support, without actually reinstalling cclient and IMAP with make variables WITHOUT_SSL or WITH_SSL_AND_PLAINTEXT.

Thanks,

Naveen.