Remote Administration Problem

Kevin Greenidge kaging at access4less.net
Fri Mar 26 00:52:31 PST 2004

What kind of error messages do you get? I am assuming if you are trying
to login directly as root then you'll have to enable root login in the
/etc/ssh/sshd_config and uncommenting PermitRootlogin yes. This is a big
security risk to login directly as root let alone telnet. Also make sure
it's not blocked by a firewall or port 22 is not blocked by your ISP.
Only speaking from experience here as I've had a similar issue.

Kevin