portupgrade questions

dave dmehler26 at woh.rr.com
Thu Mar 25 19:42:14 PST 2004

Hello,
    I've got a machine i want to run portupgrade on. I want to do this as
automatically as possible. In the default portinstall pkgtools.conf file in
the BEFOREDEINSTALL array i've uncommented the automatically stop each
service that has an rc script, and the stop postfix line. I'm now getting a
cintax error, does anyone have a working array?
Secondly, one of the packages i know is going to be upgraded is postfix, i
don't want to have to enter the configuration dialog box and enter the
options, i'd just rather have it select cyrus-sasl2, and tls is this doable?
    Finally, for the make args do i have to list dependencies of ports in
that list or just the primary packages i want?
Thanks.
Dave.