How To Upgrade to Perl 5.8 on 4.9 System? - SOLVED

Chuck Swiger cswiger at mac.com
Thu Mar 25 12:18:14 PST 2004

Drew Tomlinson wrote:
> Everything seems to be working fine!  Thanks to everyone for their help.

Glad you got things working.  My original suggestion would have been more
thorough if I acknowledged that you may have to rebuild a buncha
perl-dependent ports.  :-)

Joe random perl script ought not to care whether it's using the system base
perl or a newer one from ports; Perl ports which depend on a specific version
of Perl to work ought to register a dependency upon that version of perl.

--
-Chuck