postfix - fatal: open database /etc/aliases.db: Invalid argument

Martin Hudec (webmail) corwin at aeternal.net
Wed Mar 24 04:51:36 PST 2004

Hi,

thank you :) now it works..

I always used newaliases as:
newaliases_path = /usr/bin/newaliases

to generate aliases.db, as I said on my other FreeBSD 4.x systems I have never
experienced problems so far.

I used postmap hash:aliases, it complained for : signs, so I removed them.

Should also I change that newaliases symlink to /usr/local/sbin/postmap (now
it is linked to /usr/sbin/mailwrapper)?

cheers,
Martin

On Wed, 24 Mar 2004 13:32:41 +0100, Remko Lodder wrote

--
aEternal.net WebMail (http://mail.aeternal.net)