Apache Seg Faults after Kernel 5.x recompile

mike at mail.choopa.net mike at mail.choopa.net
Tue Mar 23 20:29:24 PST 2004

Hey, not sure if anyone else experienced this. I attempted to rebuild the
5.2 kernel to enable ipfw support and now the apache will no longer start
and it gives seg faults. I then recompiled the kernel using GENERIC, and
also recompiled apache, but yet it still seg faults.

Also, strangely the ipfw command no longer gives any output - not even the
traditional operation unknown message when it is not installed.

Here is some more info:

FreeBSD  5.2-RELEASE FreeBSD 5.2-RELEASE #0: Wed Mar 24 01:43:40 EST 2004
   mike@:/usr/src/sys/i386/compile/GENERIC  i386

# apachectl startssl
Segmentation fault (core dumped)
/usr/local/sbin/apachectl startssl: httpd could not be started

Any tips on this issue would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks much
Mike