Linksys WMP55AG (ath) and kernel config.

Ben Timby asp at webexc.com
Tue Mar 23 17:52:34 PST 2004

I just upgraded my sources to 5.2.1 using cvsup. This has fetched all
the new files, which I have compiled, and installed successfully. uname
-a reveals the following:

5.2.1-RELEASE-p3

However, I just got a new Linksys wifi card (see subject), and need to
enable the ath driver (and ath_hal it seems) in the kernel config, but
there is no option located there. I have removed and resynced (using
cvsup) my GENERIC config, but cannot find these devices. What gives?
Also, a man ath produces a helpful manpage, making me believe that the
driver is in fact present on my system (but not compiled). I have added
devices such as the following, and am currently compiling a new kernel,
can you please confirm if this is the correct action or not, and clear
up why the options are not in the default generic config?

device		ath	# Atheros Driver.
device		ath_hal	# Atheros Hardware Layer.

I also enabled wlan of course.

Thank you for your help.