Java runtime?

Peter Schuller peter.schuller at infidyne.com
Tue Mar 23 02:14:49 PST 2004

>   Coming from the windows world I'm used to having the Sun java run-time.
> I went to install it from ports, naturally...and can't figure out what I
> should be installing! Can someone give me a clue?

Your best bet is probably java/jdk14 which is the native version of JDK 1.4.2.
It will need to first install the linux-JDK though for bootstrapping
purposes.

Choose the JDK you would like to install and do 'make install'. It's going to
ask you to download files from Sun manually due to licensing restrictions.

PGP userID: 0xE9758B7D or 'Peter Schuller <peter.schuller at infidyne.com>'
Key retrieval: Send an E-Mail to getpgpkey at scode.org
E-Mail: peter.schuller at infidyne.com Web: http://www.scode.org