Dell Servers

Elvedin mnsan11 at earthlink.net
Mon Mar 22 10:05:39 PST 2004

George Simonishvili wrote:

> To whom it may concern.
> We need to install FreeBSD 4.9 on Dell server , and we need to find
> out on which Dell server it supports.
> Currently we have Dell Power Edge 1600C server it's a small business
> level server and on that same small business server we need to install
> FreeBSD but we don't know on which SmallBusiness server supports
> FreeBSD 4.9 os.
>
> Kind Regards, George Simonishvili

Generally speaking, if it's a Intel/AMD based system, it will be
supported in FreeBSD although the other hardware such as SCSI/RAID
controllers, video cards and etc might not be. FreeBSD has good hardware
support but it usually takes a release until the drivers come with
FreeBSD install.

You can check the hardware support notes at
http://www.freebsd.org/releases/4.9R/hardware-i386.html

--
Elvedin T.

sysadmin.ods.org <http://sysadmin.ods.org>