ELF binary type "0" not known ??

rfa at msumain.edu.ph rfa at msumain.edu.ph
Mon Mar 22 04:57:32 PST 2004

Actually I posted this on the squirrelmail plugins list but havent had any
success and I think you guys might have some ideas:

> First of all my system:
>
> Freebsd 4.8 Stable Running Courier-imap & SM 1.4.0
>
> Im trying to get change_password 3.1-1 plugin to work, so far i installed
> the compatibility plugin and have did all the things in the INSTALL File.
>
> But when I test it out on CLI it says:
>
> bayok# /usr/local/www/data/webmail/plugins/change_passwd/chpasswd testuser
> mypassword 123abc
> ELF binary type "0" not known.
> Abort
> bayok#
>
> here is the config.php for that:
>
> $change_pwd_language = 'en.lang';
> $disconn = false;
> $confirmPass = true;
> $oldPass = false;
> $seeOutput = true;
> $pathToChpasswd = '
 ';
> $pathToPw = '';
> $debug = 1;
>

> when i try doing it with the pw command it says
> i changed the $pathToPw = ''; to $pathToPw = '/usr/sbin/';
> ( i also tried $pathtoPw = 'usr/sbin/pw' but that didnt work either )
> and $oldPass = false; to $oldPass = true; (if its false the browser will
> say you forgot to put your old password)
> and the error is:(output from the browser, I don't know how[SM] executes
> it from the commandline.
>
> Command to be executed:
>
> From this directory:
>
> /usr/local/www/data-dist/webmail/plugins
>
> Does anyone have any idea what I am doing wrong?

Actually I want to know what this code means(i think its the cause of my
problems):

>bayok# /usr/local/www/data/webmail/plugins/change_passwd/chpasswd testuser
 mypassword 123abc
>ELF binary type "0" not known.
>Abort
>bayok#

Also i was wondering what the asterisk at the end of this line means:

-rwsr-x---  1 root  apache  9873 Oct 22  2002 chpasswd*

It says in the INSTALL
<quote>
3) Make sure the file permissions on the chpasswd file are
   correct (unless you'll be using the 'pw' utility on
   FreeBSD).  Substitue the name of the user that your web
   server runs under for "apache" in the command below:

  $ chown root:apache chpasswd
  $ chmod 4750 chpasswd
</endquote>

but when i run ls -l it says

-rwsr-x---  1 root  apache  9873 Oct 22  2002 chpasswd

without the asterisk.
Is that the same or am I missing something?

Yours,

Rommel