Top posting

Kevin Stevens kevin_stevens at pursued-with.net
Sun Mar 21 23:55:02 PST 2004

On Mar 21, 2004, at 23:31, Rob M wrote:

> On Sunday 21 March 2004 11:50 pm, Denny Jodeit wrote:
>
>> It boils down to a 'When in Rome, do as Romans do' situation. The
>> charter
>> states no top posting. I don't think it could be stated or explained
>> any
>> simpler.

Reference, please?  The FreeBSD Handbook
(http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/
eresources.html) has a general set of charter rules for the freebsd
lists, which say nothing about top posting.  The freebsd-questions
specific charter there says only:

"User questions --
This is the mailing list for questions about FreeBSD. You should not
send ``how to'' questions to the technical lists unless you consider
the question to be pretty technical."

KeS