burncd not able to create multisession disco?

Zhang Weiwu weiwuzhang at hotmail.com
Sun Mar 21 21:41:30 PST 2004

Hello. I'm learning to burn CD-R in FreeBSD 5.2 on my Thinkpad T40 with an
atapi combo-disco drive.

I read some docs on cdrecord(1), all these emulate-SCSI things are spining
my head! To me burncd(8) is much more easier. The manual says if I don't do
fixate, I don't get TOC; if I do fixate, the disco is finalized.

What I wish to do is to burn a multisession data disco, the data session
should be closed but the disco should not be finalized so I can add other
files later.

So it seems burncd(8) cannot do it? I just wanna make it sure rather than
diging into all the docs only to find it is impossible.