amavisd-new errors after portupgrade

Jeff Maxwell jmaxwell at uni-mart.com
Sun Mar 21 19:10:03 PST 2004

The same thing just happened to me.

amavisd-new, the newest version will not run with perl 5.005 that comes
with 4.9. You have upgrade to perl 5.6 or better. I upgrading to 5.8
with the port /usr/ports/lang/perl5.8/

Follow the directions to change you default perl installation after you
install the port. You then have to install all the missing modules.

It took me a couple of hours to get it back up, but it works great now.