no support!

Chris racerx at makeworld.com
Sun Mar 21 09:00:49 PST 2004

On Sunday 21 March 2004 10:53 am, Marc G. Fournier wrote:
> I'd be curious as to what brands of CDrom/DVDs he's running myself ...
> I've never had a problem loading up on any CDRom I've ever used, and I
> thought that CDroms were pretty standard, like floppies, nowadays ..
>
> On Sun, 21 Mar 2004, Remko Lodder wrote:
> > GP wrote:
> > > On the box that you sell your FreeBSD software it says: "It's easy to
> > > turn any pc into an internet, networking powerhouse!"  "... any pc ..."
> > > and still I cannot get it going!?  That is because I just found out
> > > that the 3 CD-Roms and 2 DVDs I got none is compatible or supported by
> > > you.

Let's look at his wording - The last line. Compatible or supported by you
(meaning FreeBSD I assume).

So - where did he buy this box? Did he order it via The "Mall"? Is it some
other vender like cheap CD's or what ever it's called.

I find this very hard to believe - so with that, Why not look to your PC's
bios and ensure that your CD Reader is set as the 1st boot device.

Then we'll work from there.

--
Best regards,
Chris