jail - updating/patching

Chad M Stewart cms at balius.com
Sun Mar 21 07:23:13 PST 2004

I've got my first jail up and working, installed Apache and just
generally poking around.  There is one area of jail management that
I've not found any documentation for.  How does one keep it up to date?
   Keeping things from ports updated is straight forward, the same as
any real host.  I'm wondering about things that were placed there by
the 'make installworld DESTDIR=<path-to-jail>'.  How are those things
kept up to date?  Later down the road when I update the host system to
the latest -stable branch, how would my jails be affected?  upgraded?

I'm doing this on 4.9-RELEASE-p4.

Thanks,
Chad