CMS on FreeBSD

Matt Staroscik matt at wrongcrowd.com
Fri Mar 19 17:03:00 PST 2004

At 04:39 PM 3/19/2004, Dan Rue <drue at therub.org> wrote:
>Umm..  I don't know what other people think about this - but I really
>never run any PHP stuff from ports.  It is easier, imo, to just download
>the tgz and unzip it to the directory you want it in.

Yes, exactly. You can download the latest PHP-Nuke sources and have a test
installation up very quickly.

>As far as which cms to use, I'm currently undecided as well.

Ditto.

After some googling and testing I settled on Geeklog, and it is doing the
job for my small-time personal site, but I am not married to it.
(geeklog.net) It is probably not robust enough if you need a very flexible,
generalized CMS. It's more a weblog/portal with plugins for other stuff
like file management.

>   My boss
>really likes drupal, and forces me to use it :)  Check out
>opensourcecms.com - they showcase dozens of php cms' and let you try
>them out.

If Scott or anyone else draws any conclusions from their own testing,
please post!