atacontrol addspare missing in -stable

Harald Schmalzbauer h at schmalzbauer.de
Fri Mar 19 11:05:09 PST 2004

Hi all,

how do I rebuild a degraded RADI1 in -stable? I have a HighPoint 372
Controller and yesterday had one drive failed (wich it does regularly and
comes back fine after reboot).
"atacontrol status ar0" reported only one disk (ad4) and degraded (of course).
In -current with a SIL0680 I usually issue "atacontrol detach $failedchannel
&& atacontrol attach $failedchannel && atacontrol addspare $faileddrive ar0
&& atacontrol rebuild ar0"

Please give me an idea how things should work under -stable (from ~3 weeks
ago).

Thanks,

-Harry