Downgrading 4.9-stable to 4.9-release-p3

Chuck Swiger cswiger at mac.com
Thu Mar 18 10:22:48 PST 2004

Dan Rue wrote:
> Am I going to run into problems going from 4.9-stable
> to releng_4_9?

Nope-- this shouldn't be any problem.

> If I can sneak in a second question.  With this openssl fix, couldn't I
> just apply the patch, cd /usr/src/crypto/openssl && make install ?
> Instead of the recommended buildworld fiasco?

Certainly you could do so, but the security fix would only apply to programs
which dynamicly link the OpenSSL library.  In order to fix any staticly linked
binaries, you'd need to recompile them as well, which is why the buildworld
procedure is generally recommended.

--
-Chuck