question on OpenSSL

Chris racerx at makeworld.com
Thu Mar 18 09:43:03 PST 2004

On Thursday 18 March 2004 11:23 am, J.D. Bronson wrote:
> I noticed of course the patch out for OpenSSL...is there anyway
> to patch openssl and not have to make world?
>
> I have done a tremendous amount of custom binary installs and know that
> this would blow up if I tried it.
>
> My other OSs that I use (like Solaris) - I can simply recompile the new
> OpenSSL tarball and install it. All of my apps use 'shared' files, so that
> works out perfect.
>
> Any thoughts on this please?

If you did not update your src, you might consider looking into
freebsd-update.  From what I hear, it updates only the binaries.

it's in /usr/ports/security/freebsd-update

And, from the pkd-descr:
more pkg-descr
This is the client half of the FreeBSD Update system; it fetches and
applies binary security updates.

WWW: http://www.daemonology.net/freebsd-update/

Best regards,
Chris