cdrom mount problem

Chris bsdnewbie at coolarrow.com
Thu Mar 18 07:36:02 PST 2004

In summary: the only way to mount my cdrom after burning an ISO is to reboot first.

Prior to 5.2.1-RC1, I was able to burn ISO imaged onto a CDRW using burncd, then later mount /cdrom to access the files I burned. With RC1 and now with 5.2.1-RELEASE, a strange thing happens:

After a reboot, I can mount /cdrom and access files on the disc. But if I re-burn the ISO file, then try to mount /cdrom, I get this:

cd9660: /dev/acd0: Input/output error

BUT... if I reboot THEN try to access that same disk, it works fine.

Thanks,
Chris

Email harvesters eat this: sendjunkmailhere at coolarrow.com