Upgrade 5.0-REL to 5.2.1-REL

Richard Stevenson richard at endace.com
Wed Mar 17 15:39:28 PST 2004

Hi all

I've got a couple of FreeBSD 5.0-RELEASE boxen on the network, and I
rather think I need to upgrade them (I'm thinking 5.2.1-RELEASE as the
target).  Can I *safely* do this using cvsup/make buildworld/make
buildkernel/make installkernel/boot -s/make installworld?  After taking a
backup, of course...  I just can't see any mention of 5.0 -> 5.2 in
src/UPDATING, or the release notes, or anything like that.

Is such a course likely to cause any major breakages in installed ports
(specifically Apache, rt, mailman)?  Trying to do this with minimal
disruption, since both servers are in production.

Thanks

Richard

--
Richard Stevenson

  We are born naked, wet, cold, hungry and screaming.  Then things get worse.
    -- Richard P Grant's sigmonster, in the Monastery