Mozilla's gone crazy?

Ralph M. Los Ralph at boundariez.com
Mon Mar 15 18:10:52 PST 2004

Hey all,
  I've been having problems with the Mozilla 1.5 that comes with the 5.2.1 ports tree...so I decided to go and grab the latest source, and build it.  What I can't figure out is what happens next...the ./configure works just fine but the make part of it blows up like I've never seen before.  I'm going to paste it below...but - is there anything else I can do?  I've got 1.5 installed from the ports collection...and I guess I'll take this time to also ask how to "upgrade" a package - such as Mozilla, if there is a more recent ports build.  Thanks in advance - feel free to answer either question...

"Makefile", line 317: Need an operator
"Makefile", line 319: Need an operator
"Makefile", line 321: Need an operator
"Makefile", line 322: Need an operator
"Makefile", line 323: Missing dependency operator
"Makefile", line 325: Need an operator
"Makefile", line 326: Need an operator
"Makefile", line 328: Missing dependency operator
"Makefile", line 330: Need an operator
"Makefile", line 333: Missing dependency operator
"Makefile", line 335: Need an operator
"Makefile", line 338: Missing dependency operator
"Makefile", line 339: Missing dependency operator
"Makefile", line 341: Need an operator
"Makefile", line 342: Need an operator
"Makefile", line 345: Missing dependency operator
"Makefile", line 346: Missing dependency operator
"Makefile", line 348: Need an operator
"Makefile", line 349: Need an operator
"Makefile", line 351: Need an operator
"Makefile", line 358: Missing dependency operator
Error expanding embedded variable.