Block ARP messages

Darryl Hoar darryl at osborne-ind.com
Mon Mar 15 08:22:02 PST 2004

Greetings,
I have a 4.4-stable box that is a firewall/router/nat box for my Lan.
I keep getting the following message:

/kernel  arplookup 10.2.2.2 failed.  Host is not on local network.

My external Nic is configured with a real IP, and a netmask of
255.255.255.0.  This is static and configured per the ISP's
instruction.

My internal nic is statically configured to use the 192.168.1.4
ip address with the netmask of 255.255.255.0.

netstat -rn shows nothing odd or out of the ordinary.

How can I supress these messages as they fill my log and
console.

thanks in advance,

Darryl.

BTW, I think these messages are generated prior to IPFilter ever
getting in the picture.