subdomain masking and forwarding

Walt Brodnie walterBr at sympatico.ca
Sat Mar 13 08:09:09 PST 2004

Hello, the way I came to you is through the HYPERLINK
"http://forums.devshed.com/t13363/s.html"http://forums.devshed.com/t1336
3/s.html where I found a note on subdomain/domain masking and forwarding
posted by a Senior Member
under the name "freebsd"...

I sent my question to him through the webmaster but didn't hear from
him... and subsequent search of the internet led me to your the FreeBSD
Project website HYPERLINK
"http://www.freebsd.org/"http://www.freebsd.org/

I don't know if there is any connection but maybe you can help me with
this problem...

"freebsd" advise at the forum as follows...

to mask and forward "domain" to "subdomain"...
If they are on the same server:
(This is so-called internal redirect)

RewriteEngine on
RewriteRule ^/icons/(.+) - [PT,L]
RewriteRule ^/(.*) /system/path/to/docroot/of/subdomain/domain.com/$1

If subdomain is on another server:

RewriteEngine on
RewriteRule ^/icons/(.+) - [PT,L]
RewriteRule ^/(.*) HYPERLINK
"http://subdomain.domain.com/$1"http://subdomain.domain.com/$1 [P,L]
***and I need a reversal... on the same server...

mask and forward...
"sub1.domain.com" to "sub1.domain.com/sub1.htm"

-could you please show me how the above code should be re-written...

and...

-will this make the search engines and visitors coming through the
"sub1" see all the "domain" HTML pages in the address bar... as...

sub1.domain.com => sub1.domain.com/sub1.htm =>
sub1.domain.com/anypage.htm

Please help... Thanks! -Walt

"en telios echen"

 --
Regards, HYPERLINK
"mailto:walterB.canterra at sympatico.ca"walterB.canterra at sympatico.ca
Walt Brodnie        Canterra Group Inc
1646 DundasStW, Mississauga,ON,L5C 1E6
tel: 905-803-0922    fax: 905-803-9823

addressed. Unauthorized distribution, reproduction or disclosure is
strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error please
notify the sender.

---