5.2.1-R == CURRENT????

Mark Ovens mark at ukug.uk.freebsd.org
Sat Mar 13 04:02:35 PST 2004

Loren M. Lang wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 13, 2004 at 01:00:38AM +0000, Mark Ovens wrote:
>> Kris Kennaway wrote:
>>>
>>> Did you cvsup your CVS repository first?
>>>

>> No, my src/ tree was pulled using
>>
>> cvs up -Pd -rRELENG_5_2_1_RELEASE src/
>
> Yes, of course no files were updates because you are pulling 5.2.1-R.
>  Try removine the -r tag, I believe the default should be current, or
>  use -rRELENG_5 which should pull the latest code in the 5-CURRENT.

That was how I pulled my _existing_ tree, as per my original post I
tried updating to current using ''cvs up src/''.

Part of this thread is missing as I clicked Reply instead of Reply All
to one of Kris' questions - here's what Kris has said (in reply to "No,
my src/ tree was pulled..."):

>> Yes.
> It's possible the CVS server is not being updated..they often fall
> into disrepair since most people don't use them.  YOu could also try
> just updating your 5.2.1 tree to current using cvs update -A.

I'll try pulling a new tree using CVSup instead.

Thanks for your help guys.

Regards,

Mark