What Build Options enable oci8 Functions in php4.3.4 port?

Martin McCormick martin at dc.cis.okstate.edu
Fri Mar 12 06:48:20 PST 2004

	I installed php4.3.4 from the ports distribution and am trying
to query an Oracle8I database server.  The functions needed to do that
use the oci8 extension.  Anytime I try to communicate with the
database server, I get an error like:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function:  ocilogon() in /usr/home/martin/tmp/
vm on line 8

	When installing the port, I accepted all the default support
as well as turning on support for Oracle, readline and mssql.  The
mssql works.

	What else do I need to do to build the oci functions?

	I am new to php and sql, but this looks like the garden
variety of error you get when something didn't get compiled in.  This
was confirmed on the php-general list by someone who responded to my
"What's wrong?" message.

	Thank you greatly.

Martin McCormick WB5AGZ  Stillwater, OK
OSU Information Technology Division Network Operations Group