mounting cdrom drives

RYAN vAN GINNEKEN rmvg at shaw.ca
Thu Mar 11 18:14:10 PST 2004

Lowell Gilbert wrote:

>RYAN vAN GINNEKEN <rmvg at shaw.ca> writes:
>

>>Lowell Gilbert wrote:

>>>What are you running?  [Always include the output of 'uname -a' in questions.]
>>>
>>>What is the output of 'ls /dev/acd*'?
>>>

>>v22.computerking.ca > /var/spool #uname -a
>>FreeBSD v22.computerking.ca 4.9-STABLE FreeBSD 4.9-STABLE #1: Thu Mar
>>4 01:19:45 MST 2004
>>rmvg at v22.computerking.ca:/usr/src/sys/compile/V22.COMPUTERKING.CA  i386
>>[Thu Mar 11] 05:43 PM [0]
>>v22.computerking.ca > /var/spool #ls /dev/acd*
>>/dev/acd0a      /dev/acd0c      /dev/acd1a      /dev/acd1c
>>

>mount -t cd9660 /dev/acd0c /cdrom/cdrom0

Thank you now I can mount my cd rom drives and i know how to add them to
fstab so they get mounted at boot time.  However i have had problems
with my system hanging during a reboot if the cd is scratch or dirty. Is
there a way to mount these devices with less priority so if they dont
work the system will still boot. Have had the same problems with nfs
drives as well there must be a way to fix this problem i have of my
system hanging forever if the remote files are offline for some reason.