Failure At Build (?) Stage When Making Ports?

Drew Tomlinson drew at mykitchentable.net
Thu Mar 11 11:53:24 PST 2004

I'm trying to do things the "smart" way.  I have two machines running
4.9.  Instead of keeping a ports collection on both,  I have and update
the collection on one named blacklamb.  Blacklamb runs Samba 2.2.8a_1.
I created a samba share called "ports" and pointed it to /usr/ports.  I
then used smbfs to mount "ports" on blacksheep (the other machine) at
/usr/ports.  Here's the relevant portion of /etc/fstab from blacksheep:

blacksheep> cat /etc/fstab
# Device                Mountpoint      FStype  Options         Dump
Pass#
//<account>@blacklamb/ports /usr/ports smbfs rw,noauto             0       0

On both machines, I edited /etc/make.conf to set "WRKDIRPREFIX=/var/tmp"
so each would use it's own disk space when making ports.

Ports build without error on blacklamb, the machine that has the ports
tree locally but when building on blacksheep, they always fail.  I've
read the Porter's Handbook to see what I could figure out.  I think
blacksheep is failing at the actual "build" stage.  I posted a complete
build log of an attempt to build the bacula client at
http://drew.mykitchentable.net/Temp/blacksheep_bacula.txt.

All attempts to build ports on blacksheep fail at this same point.  I
have no idea what to check next so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Drew