NVIDIA or ATI

Lucas Holt luke at foolishgames.com
Thu Mar 11 08:37:54 PST 2004

If you are going to run freebsd 5.2.1 there aren't a lot of hoops to
get an ATI card to work, but some people have reported better frame
rates and less graphical glitches with nVidia cards.

I have an ATI Radeon 9000 64mb AGP in my PC and its working fine.  I
turned on glx and dri in X11.  From my understanding, you don't need to
mess with dri on nVidia cards?

If the machine uses an nforce chipset, don't buy an ATI video card.
Aside from that, either should work.