libfreetype.a: Bad address when installing XFree86-4

Chuck Swiger cswiger at mac.com
Wed Mar 10 18:01:18 PST 2004

eodyna wrote:
[ ... ]
> Ive taken out the harddrive and replaced it with a
> different one and i still see the same sort of error
> message
>
> does anyone have any ideas on how to help me?

Try a process of elimination, by swapping out each component and retesting
until you figure out what is failing-- ie, swap the cable, try using another
motherboard (or swap a drive that was "failing" on your problem system to
another machine), and/or finally try swapping out the OS and try installing
Linux or Windows and see whether this is a FreeBSD-specific problem rather
than, say, a bad MB, flaky cable, bad power supply, etc....

--
-Chuck