nVidia drivers on FreeBSD 5.2.1 (Dell Inspiron 8100 laptop)

Ralph M. Los Ralph at boundariez.com
Wed Mar 10 15:52:34 PST 2004

Tried /usr/ports/x11/nvidia-driver and doing make install...worked great
and gave some instructions about doing a "make setup" which doesn't
exist.  After that....still getting this when I try to get X running.
I've included my XF86Config snip at the bottom just for giggles.

<ERROR SNIP>
(WW) NVIDIA: Chipset "GeForce2 Go" in Device section "NVIDIA GeForce 2"
isn't valid for this driver.
(EE) No devices detected

Fatal server error:
No screens found