using samba for backups

Marty Landman MLandman at face2interface.com
Tue Mar 9 15:00:38 PST 2004

Maybe a dumb question, but now that I have samba servers on all three of my
nix boxes with mapped drives on my two windows workstations there's a great
temptation brewing in my mind to backup things directly on mapped hard drives.

Are there any potential pitfalls to this approach, iow are there any
compatibility issues that come up if I copy files from a nix box to a
windows box and vice versa?

On the side it's getting to be such a pleasant development environment on
my lan that I can't help shake this awful feeling that something's going to
mess up big time.

Marty Landman   Face 2 Interface Inc.   845-679-9387
FormATable  DB: http://face2interface.com/Products/FormATable.shtml
Free Formmailer: http://face2interface.com/Products/Formal.shtml