Maybe a stupid question but....

Jeremy Faulkner gldisater at gldis.ca
Tue Mar 9 09:15:37 PST 2004

Alina Groulx wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I've searched high and low for a download for FreeBSD source code in a form that I recognize.  I'm looking for tar.gz of the source code but am not seeing it anywhere.  Can someone help me or perhaps let me know how I can download off the cvs site?
>
> Alina Groulx

All of the ftp mirrors have it in the src directory of the release or
snapshot directory. This directory contains a shell script "install.sh".
Set the DESTDIR environment variable and run the shell script. The
source, as it existed for that snapshot or release, will be installed in
the directory specified by DESTDIR. If you want the source code for your
current system, have cvsup installed and want to install the source code
into /usr/src you can simply:

cvsup -h cvsup15.freebsd.org /usr/share/examples/cvsup/standard*

--
Jeremy Faulkner				http://www.gldis.ca