Recommend MTA

Chuck McManis cmcmanis at mcmanis.com
Sun Mar 7 16:08:58 PST 2004

>But it does say:
>
>   If sendmail works for you, use it.  If you have difficulties, use
>   postfix instead.
>
> > Should I go ahead a learn/setup sendmail?
>
>I don't recommend it.

Actually I'm a bit surprised that things didn't go with Qmail. Not only is
it everything Postfix aspires to be, it has a zillion hours of runtime
under its belt. Its been at the 1.03 release forever because there hasn't
been anything to fix. If I had one complaint it would be to do an
integration pass over the various pop3/imap/ssl/etc modifications to create
an integrated pop3/mta that could allow for roaming delivery out of the box.

--Chuck