Fax software question

Stephen Liu satimis at icare.com.hk
Sun Mar 7 05:56:00 PST 2004

- snip -
> > # which acfax
> > # which efax
> > # which gfax
> > # which ghfaxview
> > # which hylafx
> > # which tkhylafax
> > # which tkscanfax
> > t# which viewfax
> > all : Command not found.
> >
> > I suppose they have not been installed.  Kindly advise which of them is
> > easy to config and suitable to fax text document.
>
> I use mgetty+sendfax (that's the port name). It accepts postscript or g3
> format. For text input, it looks like pbmtext (from the netpbm
> port/package) will convert text files to a suitable format (and then you
> run pbm2g3, which is inclduded in the mgetty+sendfax pacakge).

Hi Dan,

Tks for your response.  I used efax on RH before.  I think it is the front-end
(GUI) of mgetty+sendfax.

# cd /usr/ports
# make search name=mgetty
Port:   mgetty-1.1.30.12.16_3

# make search name=netpbm
Port:   netpbm-10.17_1

# make search name=pbm2g3
no printout

I think I need to install 'mgetty-1.1.30.12.16_3'.  Shall I install
'netpbm-10.17_1' as well.

Kindly advise.  TIA

B.R.
Stephen